17 August 2008

Destination ::: Stonington, CT

Didn't I blog a few weeks ago about my summer plan to visit as many Connecticut tourist destinations as possible?? Those plans derailed a bit when my schedule became chock full of activities, so these pics are an effort to stay on track a bit. =)

This weekend, I had the wonderful honor of shooting with the Justin & Mary Marantz... they are both a blast to work with. Seriously. I'll be sure to share a few shots from the wedding eventually, but for now, I wanted to post a couple I took when I first drove into town. (To be honest, I wanted to quickly practice my settings for shooting in really bright sun before meeting up with everyone!)

I had never been to downtown Stonington. I've apparently been missing out. I fully intend on going back before the summer is over! It's SOOO quaint and incredibly beautiful...




The houses up and down the main streets are to die for.


I want an orange door. I already have an orange bathroom so I guess it would be overkill... boooo!






So that will have to hold everyone over for now! =) Haha...

ETA: I know how to spell AND how to type. Why did no one tell me I had Destination spelled Desitnation for days?! Apparently FireFox's spell checker doesn't check the Blogger Title box!!! =)

5 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous julia! i love the textures on the door shots. amazing! hope you enjoyed shooting this weekend :) You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I want to go to Stonington! Love these, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm isn't stonington YUMMY!!! we had the best time shooting with you my love! you are so much fun!!

    xoxo
    M:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Julia! You are so talented and what an eye! Awesome to shoot with Justin and Mary, Isn't. They are so fun and creative! Hope to shoot with you too someday.

    ~HUGS~
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia!!
    I was so happy that you and Amanda could pop by on your way home from VT a few days ago.
    Your work is so pretty!! I especially liked the grass with the sailboats in this set.
    xo daria

    ReplyDelete