27 November 2008

A special gift at Thanksgiving...

Hopefully everyone is fat and happy and napping by now... stuffed with turkey, stuffing, and pie. :) My Thanksgiving was a bit different this year than in years past, but no less special.

For the first time in my life, I saw a photograph of my grandparents' wedding. I have no idea why I've never seen one... old photos just never seemed to exist in my grandparents' house, even though my grandfather was a huge shutterbug and fed my addiction from a very young age.

After visiting with my grandmother today and having a delicious turkey dinner, my mother and I came across a pile of photos. And it was the funniest hodgepodge EVER... my mother in high school in a diner uniform, my parents looking pretty darn hippyish ;), me in my 7th grade swim team photo, and even some shots I took at Christmas about 10 years ago.

But this one I had to bring home with me... this beautiful photo of my adorable grandparents.



How adorable are they? I wish my scanner didn't flash out her dress... she had a lovely, simple, flowing bouquet. And my grandfather in the pinstripe pants and morning coat? Dashing. :)

In addition to my curls, I inherited my goofiness from my grandmother. We were forever playing pranks on each other while my mother just watched and shook her head. I think I can almost see myself in this photo... I see my mom in my grandfather. I look just like my mother, but there are some photos where I also look just like my grandmother. So how does that work?! There's no mistaking us when we're together, that's for sure.

All I know is, I cannot wait to dig through more of these photos. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. That photo is precious. They are beautiful and handsome, and I can see you in both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE looking at family history like that. You can either see yourself in the past or the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! How special. You and your grandmother are both beautiful. And your grandfather is so handsome. I think dashing was the perfect word.

    ReplyDelete