08 March 2009

Newfies, and kitties, and chickens... OH MY!

I'm always up for a challenge. And I know spending time at my friends Corrie & Doug's house is a perfect place to go. Not only do they have 4 kitties, 2 Newfoundlands (which I find VERY challenging to photograph - big super black furballs on bright days are HARD!), a shepherd/husky mix, and a flock of chickens (who supply me with the most delicious eggs on the planet!) but they've just welcomed a new 10 week old Newfie puppy to the brood. =) Annnnnnnd... they are babysitting a friend's 8 week old, to boot!

I can't decide which of the hordes of photos to post! Cuteness seriously abounded.







Oh dear. Mom's first reprimand.



OK, she's chewing on her own foot here...

HI!!!

Oh my gawd, I want to smooch my own screen.

OK, OK!!! I get the hint, Holly! =)



Isn't she so pretty?

OK, back to the bundles of fluff.

This quickly became one of my favorites photos ever. Before I even got home to see it full size. Can you stand the adorableness?

OK, they crashed hard after all that rough housing, so I got to give the chickens some love.





Roo the Rooster... isn't he handsome?

He's so friendly!!!

Do I have a Future in Foul Fotography?

These are all taken with a 50mm... I wanna get my 70-200 so I can get some good closeups without getting in their faces. =)

OK, puppies awoke from their nap.

And out came the Big Dogs.

Tango supervised.

Sierra worked the camera.



Awwww!



If she wasn't going to turn out to be 150lbs, I think I might have tried to stuff her in my Beetle.

And lastly, two of their absolutely BEAUTIFUL kitties... they are the sweetest, most stunning cats I have ever met, and they're all Maine Coon rescues. Turkey was in hiding, but I'd photographed her before... and someday I'll have to meet Druitt.

Lovely Luna







And Handsome Hobbit



Thanks, as always, for having me over, guys!!! XOXOX -J

All the photos can be found by clicking here:
Newfies, and Kitties, and Chickens... Oh my!


13 comments:

  1. Oh wow...just...wow! I am in love!!! Beautiful shots of beautiful animals Julia! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You have such a way with animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Great shots. . .I'm with you on your favorite. Could they be any cuter??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! Those puppies are to-die-for. But I love the Shepherd/Husky the best. Just beautiful. And those cats! Wow. Gorgeous shots, Salty. Love the close up of the rooster. Lucky he didn't peck your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooohh..... Julia, those are fabulous. You KNOW my love of Newfies, these are awesome! Ok, I seriously want to invite myself over to YOUR friend's house and play!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos. those are adorable animals and you captured them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, what's 150lbs with a face like that?!?! *swoon* These are beautiful Julia! I adore the new header too, what cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's about all I can say truthfully! You just have a way of capturing dogs and well chickens now!

    The cat pics are great. I don't even care for cats, I'm a dog person.

    The one that you said was your favorite is absolutely fantastic!
    Great, super, fantastic, wonderful, beautiful job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you even got an awwwww from the *gasp* non dog lover! Julia I LOVE those!! and that first one of Luna is amazing!!! (maybe my soft spot is for cats?? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg i love the newfies!! those puppies are ADORABLE! awesome shots hun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JULIA!!!!! THIS ARE BEAUTIFUL! i really love ever single shot. So freakin' cute! Those cat images are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete