12 July 2009

All Gussied Down ::: Nicole trashes her dress!

OK, so bear with me... this is the first time I've ever done this. My dear friend Nik has been asking me to do this for years, and I finally caved last week. =) Eeeek!

For anyone following who is not familiar with this "event," a lot of brides are choosing to "trash" their dresses after their wedding. Because the dresses cost oodles of money and very few people seem to hand them down, they opt to do something fun and funky, be it in an old barn, run-down warehouse, or the beach as the case may be.

Enjoy the insanity!















It was a little unnerving... we had quite an audience. They kept yelling "What are you DOING?!"










Yeah, the two of us are soooo not serious.


This shot, to me, is "emotionally in focus" (to quote Sam Puc')... it just makes me laugh, which is apparently what I was doing when I snapped it. =)




Serious.


Not.










Hot!




And home in the waterlogged 50lb dress.


Thanks for convincing me to do it, Nik. :smooch: I've been such a chicken, and I had a blast!


20 comments:

  1. Love. Them. Thank you so much! I had an absolute blast and once I get all the sand out of my dress, I'd gladly do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you just break down and become a wedding photographer already? These are SOOO cute! Love the scope of the ones in the water - just beautiful. I see BIG canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this in the ocean too, and my dress was SO heavy! How did she go so far out in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Low tide! =) The beaches here around Westbrook and Old Saybrook, CT have a tendancy to be really shallow for while... with some crazy sandbars. She had the vision and had wanted to do it there for a long time. It was a perfect place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love them! Fabulous work as always, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this session! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! I'd seen you mention the TTD session several times but it didn't register for me that it could've been Nik that convinced you to do it! I should've connected it though b/c I'm pretty sure she even mentioned after seeing my TTD session that she'd been trying to talk to you into it. I'm a little slow sometimes. Glad you had an awesome time... you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fantastic pics! :) LOVE THEM!
    What in the world were you scared about? These are top notcy girlie!
    Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, these are beautiful!! The one of the bride walking in the water takes my breath away... beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia these are so beautiful. You captured so much. The sky looks amazing! You kicked TTD booty! I agree with Amanda....just officiate yourself as a wedding photographer already, sheesh!
    ~Hugs~
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing shots, Julia! I'm so happy that Nik finally broke you down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooo Hoooo!!!! These are gorgeous! LOVE the water shots - you were in there too weren't you? You're perspective is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I was... I was in sopping wet jeans. Blech! Lovely. But worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And thank you everyone SO much!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't stop looking at them!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally delurking to say it looks like you girls had *so* much fun! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these photos are absolutely amazing - i love them - these pictures reveal her personality, a sense of freedom, pure, un-jaded happiness ... i love them! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on these Julia!!! I love the shots with the boat. What a trooper to go all the way out in the water like that. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so great! It looks like you had a blast, and the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete