27 July 2009

Wedding ::: 07.18.09 ::: Jonathan Edwards Winery (Meryl & Jeff)

Lucky, lucky me! My first wedding of season shooting for the adorable Amanda of Orchard Cove Photography and where do I get to go? My favorite grapey place - Jonathan Edwards Winery!
This wedding was the union between Meryl & Jeff - two people so absolutely smitten with each other, I got all goosebumpy every time I looked at them. They were just the most delightfully kind, laid back, generous, happy people. Their ceremony was bursting with love and friendship and their reception was just a blast.







Meryl opted to wear a gorgeous head piece that just tied beautifully and simply into her hair.






I take absolutely no credit for this image... =) Amanda hung the shoes in true Amanda fashion. I wanted to share with some of my non-wedding photographer friends that photos like these come out really cool - in spite of having been taken in a bathroom!!!! Haha!






Amanda does a wonderful "First Look" moment with a lot of her couples... it's such a special moment and she's able to capture the bride's and groom's expressions as they see each other for the first time just before the ceremony. Here is Meryl waiting for Jeff to show up. How cute?!


And here was Jeff realizing it was his cue, and running back into the winery to get his jacket! (Apparently airborn!)


So adorable.




















This little guy is going to be a rockin' wedding photographer someday... start 'em young with a D300!! =)


OK, bear with me... I can never get enough grape shots.




















Wait, how'd this rogue beer get into the winery?!










Just a couple of "happy accidents" I thought were rather fun.


HThe lights the DJ brought were wild. Lots of fun... but hard to photograph when you have your shutter speed set too slow! (Duh! But there's something about it I like. I don't know...)


And to finish off the evening... a little "hands...touching hands...reaching out..."


"...touching me... touching you..."


"Sweeeeeeet Caroliiiiine... bah bah bah... Good times never seemed so good..."


Thank you SO very much for including me in Jeff & Meryl's amazing day, Amanda!!! =D

5 comments:

  1. You always shoot such beautiful stuff Miss Julia!!!! Love them all

    carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many beautiful moments - love them! Meryl and Jeff will be thrilled.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful wonderful job julia! i love your getting ready detail shots on this one. These dancing shots are awesome too! You and that winery...you have a connection!! must be the grapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome wedding! Beautiful shots, Julia. They had some aMAzing details. And her dress was just gorgeous. Love the shots of the couple during the first peek. You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete