11 October 2008

Catching up and going backwards a bit...

I've had such a whirlwind of activity these past couple of months that I'm all sorts of behind in blogging random stuff! I completely forgot to share some photos I took while up in Vermont with the lovely Amanda...

These were from some time I spent in Middlebury while Amanda met with a potential bride for next summer. :)





And this one probably doesn't mean anything to anyone but me... but there was a Ben Franklin in the town in which I grew up. And I feel like I spent my childhood there. I bought my school supplies there every fall. 25cent rubber thong flipflops. Embroidery floss for knotted friendship bracelets. Contact paper for school workbook covers. (Catholic school! LOL) Poster board for science projects. Inflatable alligators and whales for the pool. It was "the" place to get everything. I think it was called Ben Franklin Five and Dime... something like that.

I don't remember when it left... I don't remember it being there when I was in high school, so it probably went under in the late 80s. The whole shopping plaza was taken over by a Super Stop & Shop. But my fond (weird) memories remain. So imagine my surprise to see this one, alive and well in Middlebury, Vermont!



And lastly, something I've been meaning to post forever. =) My dear friend Corrie's chickens have been egg laying machines. I've always been one to buy eggs from the grocery store, so the size and shapes of the eggs from her free range, organic, well-fed chickens are a new treat for me! Check out how different each one is. This was from one of the first rounds they produced months ago.


And this was the most recent batch she gave me. Speckled and BLUE!!! :)


They're very tasty, by the way. And super fresh!!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh. Ben Franklin! I didn't know those still existed! I remember staring in admiration at all of the Doll House items they had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Vermont and eggs - two of my mostest favorite things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben Franklin rocks! When I was a kid on vacation in Vermont we used to go to Ben Franklin in downtown Randolph all of the time for those balsa wood airplanes and army paratrooper toys.

    ReplyDelete