10 December 2008

Hugh Laurie + Polaroid

In anticipation of Hugh Laurie's guest appearance on SNL this weekend, I thought I'd share this commercial I've had bookmarked forever. :)

I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUGE Hugh Laurie fan... mainly from Jeeves & Wooster, Fry & Laurie, and Blackadder, but of course, from House as well. =)

This ad, while it doesn't exactly showcase his phenomenal talent, still cracks me up. And who doesn't love an old Polaroid?! That sound, that smell... the waiting. :)



And I highly recommend playing around with Poladroid if you're bored, find yourself missing the Polaroid experience, and want to have some fun with your photos. My dear friend Robin Dini posted about it on her blog a few days ago, and it's so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen that before - I love it! And thanks for the heads up on SNL. And I am admittedly a Hugh Laurie fan only because of House...I know I had seen him before, but I couldn't tell you where.

    It kills me to think that Polaroid instant cameras used to be "state of the art"! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so so so much for that tip to both you AND robin!

    I pushed a couple of my frames through and they came out amazing with a little experimentation and tweaking.

    I've found the original's histogram makes a big difference on the final product and that there are several tones that the program chooses from at random.

    Now if only i could control the crop I'd be pushing nearly every shot is shoot through this thing.

    Wow. What fun!
    Thanks so much!
    Hope you're staying happy and healthy,
    Brody.

    ReplyDelete