13 September 2008

Lobster in the Rough ::: 09.12.08

I have to blog out of order briefly because I know come Monday, I will have many coworkers eager to see all the super-goofy shots I took on Friday. :) Of COURSE I brought my camera with me...

We originally had plans to go kayaking as a group and THEN head over to Abbott's Lobster in the Rough in Noank, CT; however, the winds, rain, and all around crappy weather derailed those plans. So we called it a day, and headed to Abbott's early.


I love my coworkers.




OK, so here are some more "typical" shots. ;)






Poor "Jake". Looks a little overwhelmed taking our ginormous order, no?


Not nearly as much as our boss... ;)


The celebrity of the hour.


Just in case you were confused.


It was a lot of lobster.




And mussels and clams...


This guy was my victim. Mwah ha ha.


Once we got all the food settled, it was on to more important business.


My company is very big on two things... traditions and FUN. :) Apparently during a previous big company gathering, there was an employee "quiz." We all felt it was only fitting since there had been a few new hires since (myself included) that a brand spankin' new version should be released. I've never laughed so hard at "work" before, reading all these crazy, obscure bits of trivia that we were somehow supposed to attribute to someone. I mean, really... what kind of person can't BURP?! And who really had the opportunity to meet Pope John Paul II in person?! And what kind of employee only drinks "wimpy American beer?" Sheesh... ;)

Our former teacher put the entire thing together and distributed our "exams."


And we got to work.




Sorta.




Once we were done, out came the answers. And NO ONE scored a perfect score. =)








The victor. She had something like 17... to my weenie 11. =)


Of course, everyone's still a workaholic at heart. After we were done, out came all the Treos and cell phones...








Discussing a very "important" person...


Buncha hams.




And the corresponding outtake.


Thank you, all of you guys. I had a great time at my first official "company outing." And I'm so very grateful to be part of such a great team. =)

2 comments:

  1. I need my epi-pen to just look at these pictures! Ha ha! What a fun group of people to work with! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete