03 September 2008

Wedding :::08.23.08 ::: Shelburne Farms, VT

So I came home with an obscene number of photos from the weekend I shot for Amanda Herzberger of Orchard Cove Photography. I could not stop taking pictures of everything around me. Vermont is one of my favorite places to visit, and Shelburne Farms has become one of my absolute favorite-est. :) I will reserve a separate post for a few more of my fun pics though... for now, I cannot wait to share some of my shots from the wedding festivities!

But first, I must thank (AGAIN!!) Amanda's family. They are truly some of the most fun, loving, gracious, and welcoming people I have ever met! I felt like I was welcomed right in immediately, and I just had so much fun with them.

Without further ado - we headed over to the ceremony site and found the rehearsal dinner underway...


... complete with rehearsal!


Look at those crazy long shadows.


Looking back up to the house...


The following morning, we headed to the bride's mom's home for the getting ready festivities. And everyone knows I can never resist a pooch.




The gorgeous dress!




Tying the rings up for the ring bearer to carry...


Amanda working her magic!!!










Dontcha just love the red?






Back to the ceremony!


Buckets of flowers lined the "aisle" down to the ceremony spot overlooking the water, where family and friends gathered around and shared in the love. ;)


The most adorable Mother of the Groom ever. :)


Ring bearer getting in the zone...


And we're off!






And now, I don't have too many ceremony shots because it lasted about 10 minutes, while I was booking up to the house and climbing out on the roof to get the fun helicopter shot. (OK, so I was only dangling out the window a little precariously. =) It was worth it!)


Can I just stop here for a second and say HOW MUCH I love shooting weddings? Everyone is always blissfully happy. The whole feel of the day just fits with my personality so well... look at those smiles!


Married!


Father and daughter...


Loved all the fun details








And oh yes, the award-winning Shelburne Farms cheese. Yum.














The bride LOVES fireworks (her birthday is the 4th of July!) so what wedding would be complete without them?










And to wrap up my already way too long post... how much did I love these two? =)




That's it. That was probably too many. Hee hee! =) But I just loved them all. Thank you Chris and Leigh for including me in your day! And thank you Deenie, Laura, Kitty, and of course, Amanda. XOXOX

8 comments:

  1. As I knew you would these rock - love the commentary and you got the complete story of the day. I just emailed Deenie to let her know they were up - she will be THRILLED :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy... woman brings the skills to the table! These shots are stunning. I'd start naming favorites but I'd have a mile long comment eatin' up all the room in your blog!

    Consider me, takin' notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Julia, I just can't get enough of your posts! Even though you love nature/landscapes and pet photography you REALLY have a gift for capturing the emotions of people.
    xoxoxoxo See you this weekend in Nashville! Bring your dancin' boots! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRL! you NAILED this one! that flare shot from rehearsal is beyond words! the shadows in the first shot are incredible and the handful of more joyful pictures is just stunning! i love you julia! you're doing a great job! Three more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. so many great ones! That last little trio of the dancing guy made me laugh! The setting was breathtaking and you took so many perfect shots. Love your view from the rooftop--that was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia! You are rocking... seriously loving your stuff!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia = I N C R E D I B L E. You never cease to amaze me. LOVE your work girlfriend. You totally rocked this out (IN PERFECT TUNE) Congratulations :-)

    Hugs
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING PICTURES! Hi I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! Just thought I would let you know lol :)

    ReplyDelete