02 October 2009

Part III ::: Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Wertheim!

Part III ::: With kind regards from Wertheim...





Mmmm... doors.






Thank goodness this pub offered a "sampler" because I needed to try everything. I *believe* it went (starting from the left and going clockwise) Pils, Hefeweizen, Dunkle, and Export.




My desperate, tripod-free attempt at getting the castle at night. Not great, but not as bad as I assumed it would be.


I did actually talk shop. I didn't just take photos the entire week.




And apparently, you were only allowed to join us if you dressed like us. (Even though we did it unknowingly.)


Quite possibly my favorite sign of the whole trip.


Hopefully you're all like me and love seeing other "stores." This was the grocery store. =)


Back in town...




Would you look at this building?!


I've never seen so many dogs just hanging out. It was just what I needed.




Yum.




We stumbled onto the cutest biergarten. Exactly as I imagined.


With all the comforts of home.












I think the dude in the back was waving at me. I just noticed that. Ha!




A very special dinner. Read the English translation closely.


Unlike here in the US, beer is actually served in the matching glass... and each restaurant appeared to have one "brand."




That's it for now! =) Thanks for putting up with me... I've got a ton more up my sleeves.

2 comments:

  1. OK---that's it: i'm going to Germany next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. These are some great pictures of Wertheim. They make me homesick.

    ReplyDelete