06 October 2009

Part V ::: Auf Wiedersehen Wertheim!

This was our last day in Wertheim. And I was treated to jackhammering outside my window at about 5am. =)

The culprit? No, not the street sweepers that were out every single day, but this cobblestone repair bloke. They are insane about keeping everything clean and perfect. (So I forgave him because I think I would love living there.)


I only ever eat Nutella in Europe. Even though I love it, I never have a desire for it here in the US. The first time I had it was in Italy back in 1995, on a loaf of fresh Italian bread. So I heavily indulged in these little personal sized servings that were as plentiful as pats of butter. =)


A quick snap of the Main River (pronounced "Mine") on our way out. (Red, right, returning! =) )


Some random road shots from the Autobahn. :) I wish I had a shot of the "no speed limit" sign... it was insane. I've never seen cars drive so fast in my life. And yet, we encountered no traffic, no accidents... nothing.

This is the symbol for freedom. Haha...

(temporarily borrowed from nothingforungood.com)

But this was what we saw when we WERE limited. =) And it was probably better that way as our little Ford C-Max was hurtin' dragging us and our luggage up hills.


The source of ENDLESS childish laughter, from a squished car full of slap-happy adults, let me tell you.


Cool tunnel.


Even bigger...!


Our exit to Großostheim!


Yes, we did a little work here too. In our industrial park were Nintendo and Office Depot, by the way. All the comforts of home, thousands of miles away.


For lunch, we visited an Italian restaurant. I was sorely lacking green vegetables, so I ordered a salad. The salads we had up to this point had either been pickled or had heaps of potatoes hidden under a teeny leaf of lettuce. This was closer, even though it was smothered in meat and cheese. =) It was enormous, but I couldn't get a good enough perspective.


So my colleague had to get me with my phone. =) Yeah. Big. Yummy. And covered in meat. (And my parents like this photo of me. I sorta wish I wasn't holding up a ridiculous meat salad like Vanna White or I'd use it as a Facebook profile pic!)



To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Dang.. This brings back memories.. I remember the "Ausfahart" signs.. "Exit" I think.. Looks like the Papa Murphy's Meat Lover's Salad..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe the speed limit over there! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete