26 August 2009

Pooch Portraits ::: Max & Betty ::: 08.23.09

I love small town America. The wonderful pet food shop where I buy Grover's food displays my book and business card. I was contacted by Max & Betty's dad to take some pooch pics after he flipped through "It's Not Over 'Til It's Grover." Of course, I was MORE than happy to oblige.

Max was the BIGGEST shepherd (a Shiloh Shepherd to be exact) I have ever seen. He was absolutely enormous... but such a gentle giant. And Betty was his little spitfire Corgi sister. I had such a blast spending the afternoon with them... as I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the upcoming onslaught of photos!

We spent a little time inside just letting Max get used to my presence. He wasn't too sure about my camera.






Betty on the other hand... no warming up necessary.




And out we went for lots and lots of romping! I'm pretty sure these tell the story pretty well. =)










Ahhh... some down time.










Sweet face.


Schnoz.


Doesn't get more regal than this!


Happy boy!


L'il Miss 'Tude.








JACKPOT!


Buh-bye! =)


Thank you so much for having me over Katherine and Ralph!!! Smooches to Max and Betty.

10 comments:

  1. OMG. He is GORGEOUS! And she is adorable too. lol No wonder you had so much fun! Such great shots Julia! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful dogs! I have never heard of a Shiloh Shepherd but these pictures make me want one... now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, both of them, and you've captured them so wonderfully. Lovely, Julia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooooooooooves these Julia! My corgi has the same personality and you really captured that spark that they all seem to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love all of them! Playful. Serious. Regal - you captured them all.....LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! So perfect! I love the last one, but they're all absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. What gorgeous dogs and fun images. You captured all sorts of "looks". Adore that last one! You always rock the doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww!! these guys are beautiful! the owners must be loving these! great job salty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT JOB !!!! I am such a dog lover....you were able to capture their personality...thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Julia...great shots of 2 beeeautiful, furry friends! Talk about some happy dogs! =}

    ReplyDelete