28 October 2008

Gillette Castle ::: Part II

Had a little time to go through the "other" photos I took during our visit to Gillette Castle. I'm always up for an adventure, and I'm pretty much willing to make ANYthing an adventure... so on my way to the park, I had a memory of going on a little ferry across the Connecticut River when I was a kid. I decided I HAD to do that again, so my trusty little Bug and I followed my GPS until it told us to "Take the ferry." =)

We hopped the $3.00 ferry in Chester and went for a 3 minute ride to Hadlyme!

Doesn't he look great on the water?

OK, so the REAL reason I went this way because I knew I'd get a great view of the castle from the water. Heh heh.
Little 8 car ferries still have crew!
And this cutie!

Couple shots from land...

Hard to believe that this was someone's home in the '20s and '30s...

Almost spooky, really.

Driving home, I couldn't resist a very quick snap of the sunset ahead of me... I was NOT looking through the viewfinder, don't worry! ;)

3 comments:

  1. These are great Julia! We used to go up there every year when we went camping. I never took the ferry but I always loved going over the bridge by the Opera house. I should take a ride up sometime. The castle is really cool. Do they decorate for Halloween? Silly question probably ;) It's not like it's haunted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful.
    Thanks for capturing this awesome scene and sharing these frames with the world!
    Stay happy and healthy,
    Brody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! What a day for that trip! Gorgeous. And yes--your bug does look good on the water. Let me ask--does your car have a name? It looks like it has a personality!

    ReplyDelete