14 March 2009

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. ~Helen Keller

Life certainly is a daring adventure! =) It's been an interesting week here at the Salty Grape, so I really welcomed the weekend with open arms. I spent some time decompressing and snapped a few shots of local spots that I've been meaning to document forever. One in particular, as it turns out after many years of just sitting dormant, has finally been purchased. There is construction going on inside and even a liquor permit sign outside! The end of an era... (I doubt they saved any of the red vinyl booths. =( It was just such the classic 70s eatery.)



Down the road a wee bit, one of the goofiest clam shacks... don't you love the little hand painted smirking clam on the sign?

A little further down the road, at a farm stand that is positively hopping in the summers. Not so much today!

And just a little randomness that always makes me smile every time I drive past. =) These are a little set back from the road, so you never see them unless you turn your head and look. And when you do, they surprise you.

Hope everyone is enjoying the bee-you-tee-ful weather!!! This "free spirit" is off to clean the house since I put it off earlier. =D

3 comments:

  1. Great now I'm craving good seafood, can you ship me some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new header....and the smiling gas tanks or whatever they are. Hope you are enjoying your clean house!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good girl. I drive by so many things and think to myself that I should take pictures but never get around to it. Glad you are documenting these places b/c they will not be around forever. Love the smiley clam, the smiley tank and the vintage version of the restaurant sign. Nice!

    P.S. Have you read a serious bio of Helen Keller? Amazing. I have a great book if you're interested. Talk about inspiring...

    ReplyDelete