31 May 2009

::: Family Photos - early 1940s! :::

How much do you love finding old family photos and seeing that your relatives were ALSO into interesting compositions and beautiful subjects?!

You'll all have to bear with me... I have a couple more posts of family photos that I absconded with. It never occurred to me that my grandpa would have documented so many beautiful moments when HE was young.

I inherited a LOT of my grandmother's qualities, good and bad. =) As my mom says, if there was ever anything daring her not to do it, she did it. I couldn't believe these wonderful photos we found in the albums at her house.

April 15, 1942





There were hordes of beautiful photos of her... my grandfather was clearly head over heels.




November 21, 1941


My grandmother is on the left, and my great-grandmother Julia Harrison is on the right. How cool?! May 26, 1942


And just my great-grandmother... my grandfather would have been great at "getting ready" wedding photos! =) Haha!


And from before they were even married... *swoon* January 6, 1942


6 comments:

  1. Now we know where you got your photographic eye....these are so cool. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those are beautiful!
    The one of her in the car is just beyond words!

    My grandmother's maiden name was Harrison - interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic! So you got your "ornery" nature from your grandmother, eh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have these! They are amazing. I really love the one of her in the office...just love all the little details that give away when the photo was taken. Total slice of history.

    Julia? Ornery? Impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they SO great?! It's all we've got though... Just two albums. I'm just entranced by them.

    And I'm sure my mother is sitting here laughing at this... Me? Ornery?! Nevvvvver... ;) Hahaha.

    It totally skipped a generation. My grandmother and I used to plant fake fuzzy mice in each others beds. And call each other to the kitchen window and throw glasses of water out on each other. And my mother would just sit back and watch, all good and innocent. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that shot in the car and the mirror shots are so cool! see...it's in your blood :)

    ReplyDelete