05 October 2009

Part IV ::: Strudel! Schnitzel! Bratwurst! Volkswagen! 99 Luftballons!

I love the German language. It's amazing how quickly you can pick it up while immersed in it. And it's just fun to say!

Continuing on to the next day... are you all bored yet?

Doors!












Windows!






Beers! (for the record, I took photos of every beer I could find. I didn't drink everything I photographed. ;) )





Blackberry photo



Not sure if anyone was aware, but there was an enormous vote that happened while we were over there. Huge. (And for which there were terror threats. GREAT timing.) The local races were in full force...


This is what happens when my big honkin' camera gets swiped. (In case anyone wants proof I was actually there. Ah, the downside of being behind the camera...)


Nope, that's worse.


Better.


OK, now you get a little ambiance. And me telling a scintillating story.


I tell ya, the Germans do it right. One Stop Shop. Chocolate on the left, feminine supplies on the right. One aisle. Genius.

Blackberry photo

Again, we did do some work... our lovely factory. Those big vats? Filled with plastic pellets that melt and become stuff. So cool.




I could have stayed in this teeny town for a month and never stopped finding random hidden alleys and things to photograph.






Why are our crosswalk signs so boring? Why do our sign people not wear hats?!








Ja, it was often very easy to read "German."


The quintessential adorable German man.


Perfect.


And more pooches... seriously. I could sit on this plaza and never tire of all the friendly dogs that pass by.




A different view, looking up at the castle.


This was the gorgeous glass shop...


... that was in this building.


This is supposed to be a smiling, laughing face, right? I'm not just seeing things?


Just in case you tire of sausage.


And our view from the little outdoor patio at a great restaurant.






Ja, das ist gut. That's it for now... =)


3 comments:

  1. Love the doors and the poochie holding the newspaper - COME ON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I SOOOO want to go to Germany right now after seeing these AWESOME Photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out. I want to move there . Now. I love it! I love the architecture. Love that glass shop photo. And the ones someone snuck of you with your own camera!

    ReplyDelete