06 October 2009

Part VI ::: Guten Morgen, Grossostheim!

We checked into our adorable hotel, the Rosengarten.




My awesome little balcony!


With its cute little view.




Certainly don't need any more room than this!


Could do without the ginormously heavy key chains however.


And back downstairs, on our way out to dinner.


True to its name!




Hmmm... reflection...


So we started walking, and look what we found directly ahead of us.


Eder & Heyland's Brauerei (Eder's Bier, Heyland's Bier, Bavaria Weissbier and Schlappe Seppel). But we had to walk all the way around it first, to get to the front door. Passing... yes, doors and windows!!!!


There are honestly no two doors alike.






Hmmm. Quite possibly the most boring door in all of Deutschland.


My attempt to stealthily get this lady on her bike. I sort of failed, but at the same time, I like the "negative space"! And look at the exciting happy accident - the couple holding hands in the background! Yay.


Finally made it to the front!






Yes, by traveling an hour down the road, we crossed into Bavaria!




And... mein bier.


My colleague's Weißbier.


Probably would have been happier with the German menu, not knowing what everything translated to. Eeeep.


Always can find comfort in pommes frites. =)


Ordinarily, here in the states, I most likely wouldn't get bratwurst mit kraut, but when in Rome... yum.


Not sure what was going on here, but there was also pork under all those ham and eggs.


When it got to be too chilly outside, we transferred in... and I was in heaven. Just what you imagined, right?


It was really busy earlier - I was just too chicken to get up and look like the American snap happy tourist that I was until we were about to leave. :)


Revenge, I think. It can't be easy spending a week with me and my camera.



Stay tuned for Frankfurt... and then I'm done. =)

1 comment:

  1. I love re-living your trip with you! At first I was thinking, "Jesus--i would have gained 10 lbs just from all of the beer I'd be drinking." Then I saw the menu--considering I wouldn't eat a damn thing on it, maybe it would all even out?!

    ReplyDelete