04 December 2009

Clyde's Cider Mill ::: 11.22.09

Boy am I backlogged on blog posts! =) Oh well... it's all just for fun, and hopefully I will be able to catch up this winter. I have so much to share, and so little time.

A couple weeks ago, I met my friend and her son for the day at Clyde's Cider Mill, in Old Mystic, CT. If you've never been, it's really neat!!! It's the only steam powered cider mill in the US, only open September - December, and been in operation since 1881!

There were so many neat things to take photos of everywhere you looked. And we were even to see the cider press in action!























I love that we were all standing directly under them.


They were spinning pretty frighteningly...


And down came the disgusting looking apple mush...


Which was then wrapped in giant cheesecloth, and squiiiiiiished...


OK, so this probably isn't the most appealing photo, but it's cider, I swear!


And to think, it all starts like this!


Inside were the classics...






And of course, this little cutie to share it all with... =)








Definitely plan a quick visit next year... they have free apple wine and hard cider tastings that make it definitely worth the trip. =)

3 comments:

  1. It's the camera right? Every pic is perfect! Now I'm hungry for apples & thirsty for cider! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia the bulldog wasn't out that day? The owner has a gorgeous white bulldog and I love going there and loving on him too. =)

    ReplyDelete