03 August 2008

Wedding ::: 07.27.08 ::: Woodwinds

I had the HUGE pleasure of shooting with the incredibly talented Robin Dini last weekend. It was my first real gig as an official second shooter, and man... I was nervous about giving her images she could use, excited that I was going to be part of documenting the most important day of someone's life, and thrilled that Robin was the absolute best kind of person to work with. She was fun, laid back, and so easy going - she made it SUCH a great experience for me. I'm raring to go now... I'm actually second shooting for Robin again next weekend, and then with the lovely Amanda Herzberger at the end of the month!

As excited as I am, I'm still really nervous about what I shot... I know I can only continue to grow and learn through the experience of working with such seasoned and talented people though.

Of course, I DO get share a bunch of the photos I took. =) Andrea and Johnathan were a GREAT couple... I could not have asked for a cuter, happier, more go-with-the-flow bride and groom. Their families were ADORABLE and their bridal party was a blast. (I have a fabulously funny shot of the MOH sticking her tongue out at me...)

OK, enough yapping! All photos are shot for Robin Dini Photography. Apologies for the quantity... =) (Didn't I say that recently?!) I just had so much fun!


I ran down to the chosen picture location before I went to the church... look at that view of Faulkner's in the distance. Love it! Growing up around here, I never knew Chaffinch Island Park existed! It's like a little hidden treasure...




































This little girl yelled out "CONGRATULATIONS!" when we all tromped by on our way down to the beach... how cute?!




Ms. Dini in her element!!!




















How much does this make you all squooooshy inside?




Bridal party was hysterical with their choreographed number to get everyone up on the dance floor.






And to wrap up... gotta love the candids. =)

I cannot WAIT to see Robin's shots... and of course, feedback is always appreciated. I already know all sorts of things I would do differently. =p

12 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME JULIA!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julia you did an AWESOME JOB!!! You go girl! So many good ones I can't choose a fav. Oh, snap....I just read what Aimee wrote,lol. Well, I second Aimee's notion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am VERY excited to have you along on the 23rd! You rocked this wedding girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a way of capturing real life moments, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shots, Julia. You'd never guess that you were new to weddings. You are a natural. These shots are just perfect and you captured so many "little moments" that they will be so happy to have. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY Cow Julia. You rocked second shooting. I am SO impressed. you totally rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JULIA!!!!! you are so incredibly talented, i wish you would give yourself more credit! I looked at your pictures and was absolutely floored. You completely exceeded my expectations and I couldn't have been happier. Girl, you rocked it! I can't wait to show her family these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang girl!!! You rocked this wedding till the break of DAWN!

    You are so talented and really caught not only the right moments but the light and composition of everything? Seriously?

    COME ON!!!

    Great, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my GOD!!! These are fantastic!!! You can second shoot for us anytime!

    xoox
    M:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..... and you only shoot dogs!

    cant wait to see what you do with amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete