29 August 2008

Wedding ::: 08.16.08 ::: Stonington, CT

Whew. Here I am. Finally. With pictures from two weeks ago! I don't know where the times goes... I thought I was going to be twiddling my thumbs this summer. :) Anyone still around?

So this was the gorgeous wedding in Stonington for which I had the awesome pleasure of shooting with Justin and Mary Marantz. And yet again, I can't seem to pare it down to just a couple, so forgive me. :) I get a little excited...






The best part was that the bride's aunt's home was undergoing a huuuuge renovation. Made for some REALLY fun and funky exposed beam shots! :)








The Marantzes, previewing their work.


They are consummate professionals after all.


The parts of the house that weren't being torn apart were ah-maz-ing.


As were the grounds...


The beautiful bride, Teryn


Of course, I can take NO credit for the positioning as that was all a Mary pose. How adorable?!


So I had to shoot her in action...


Watching all the men walk over...






Such beautiful girls...


OK, so I was trying to work on my flare techniques with some help from Justin, and THIS is the mess I got. Flare Gone Wild. I'll get it someday.


Heading in for the ceremony (where cameras weren't allowed.)


Such a fun family!


Gorgeous centerpieces...


Stunning view...


Beautiful bouquets...


OK so I'm still a flower junkie at heart.


Huge lawn, perfect for a party...


Lovely cake...




Lots of laughs during the MOH/BM speeches! :)






And here's where I get all choked up...




And an all around fun time!!!










Thank you Mary and Justin for having me tag along, and congratulations Teryn and Brian!!!

Hope everyone has a terrific holiday weekend!

7 comments:

  1. You are doing gorgeous work, Julia! What a blast to be a second shooter at such a beautiful event. I'm a little jealous of all your photog experience of late. Do you feel like you're growing by leaps and bounds? I've always thought that you take stunning photos, but I imagine it's a confidence booster to be shooting as you have been. Way. To. Go!
    I hope all is well for you!

    Elaine
    http://www.heasley.net/eblog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. flower junkies unite!!! giiirl, we need to get togetha soon! enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! What a beautiful day and setting. Love that ninja one of Mary balancing on Justin's shoulder. You rock!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to amaze me, Miss Julia. Beautiful shots. You always nail the details and settings! And capture terrific emotional moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those detail shots were totally tasty! I love the productions shots too! and the Yellow wall behind the subject with the hair curlers.

    Okay, you know what, I just love it all!

    Awesome as always!
    Never stop shooting!
    Brody

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Julia, you are absolutely, postively, TALENTED!!! These are gorgeous!!! I totally LOVE Flower shots! I love how you got Mary in Ninja action, LOL. Gotta do what you gotta do to get the shot. I really love the sky in the backround of the flowers. AWESOMENESS Miss Julia :-)

    BIG HUGS
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW such amazing photos! Love the ones of you taking pictures of people taking pictures! Love all the fun details! rock on girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete