27 April 2009

Engagement ::: 04.26.09 ::: Carriage Stone Farm

Sunday afternoon, I had the great pleasure of accompanying my dear friend Robin Dini to one of her engagement sessions. I will be getting to photograph this adorable couple later in the summer when they walk down the aisle, so it was SO much fun getting to spend time with them before the big day. Because Robin could potentially be giving birth to her baby at their wedding (!) she has enlisted the amazing Victoria Souza to step in for her.

This was a great opportunity for all of us girls to work together and introduce ourselves to Kate and Erick. =) Can you imagine having three very cheery girls all up in your grill for hours? I don't know how they survived. Special thanks to Carriage Stone Farm in Northford, CT for letting us roam around like a bunch of crazies.

And because each shots gets me more excited than the next, forgive me for the customary overload. I just can't resist! (Especially since I've never done an engagement shoot before!)






The girls in action!




Momentary pause to lust over the new gear.




Oh yes. There were tractors.


Because Robin's dad was the CUTEST and showed up ON HIS TRACTOR.








I don't know why this cracks me up so much, but Robin had told them to go "over there" and I was shooting away and caught this...




And while I despise sweltering heat, it WAS an incredible day.








When we arrived, we were told that some of the horses weren't as friendly as you might expect, so we kept our distance from them all. This guy seemed pretty friendly and I think he really wanted in on the photos.



However, this dude was giving us all the Stink Eye the entire time.


Could they be any cuter?




Caught in a rare serious moment.










Thank you SO much for including me Robin and Vicki... and thanks for being so much fun Kate and Erick! =) This is just sneak peak for you - just imagine the images Robin and Vicki caught!!!

11 comments:

  1. Julia these are really gorgeous - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, these all look so dark on my monitor at work... eeep! Sorry if they all look like for all of you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girrrrrrl!!!! you wow me! seriously. I love how you and i capture similar moments, it totally blows my mind how we look at things. These are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see more!!!

    Really love those shots of my daddy. going to email them to him right now!

    Great great great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia! They are beautiful : ) That horse really was giving us the stink-eye!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, stink eye. One of my favorite things about your photography is the fact that you catch moments in between the moments (like the pointing). Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the photos. They are just amazing, as always!

    I can't wait to see their wedding pictures too!
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Julia! These images are fantastic. It was fun shooting with you. Looking forward to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! What a cute couple. That must have been a fun shoot with The Photo Posse! I like what K. Crafton wrote--you really do have a knack for catching the little moments b/n the moments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks to me that Robin is squatting in that field ready to give birth NOW....

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely beautiful Ms. Julia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Julia! Good luck on the upcoming wedding season...looks like you're well on your way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete