03 September 2008

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Having a dog named Grover probably gives you all a clue that I love the Muppets. =) Obviously, I'm a product of Sesame Street and The Muppet Show in their hey day. Jim Henson was a genius. Super Grover, Cookie Monster, and Kermit... not to mention the Fraggles, The Muppet Movie, and Labyrinth rank as some of my favorite things of all time.

So god bless my Entertainment Weekly which alerted me to a potential comeback... four videos have popped up on YouTube, and this one had me giggling. C'mon. Who doesn't love the absurdity of the Swedish Chef? Complete with Animal cameo!



And in spite of the failed attempt to reincarnate The Muppet Show as Muppets Tonight ten years back (yikes!), I still adore them and am giddy to think they might make make a comeback.

3 comments:

  1. i cannot even begin to tell you how awesome it is that you posted that! frank and i are HUGE muppet fans and he is actually playing some of the songs with his band from "Electric Mayhem". This was a riot to watch. Thanks for the laugh! Frank walked around the house all night going bork bork....i could kill ya for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooooo funny!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up just to leave a comment because I looove the Muppets! all my favorites in one video...and posted by one of my fave people :)

    Love the blog too Julia. Great Pics!

    ReplyDelete