04 September 2008

Off-line for a few days...

So, because everything in my life was going swimmingly there for a while, I knew a shoe had to drop. My beloved 5 year old laptop, my amazing little workhorse that I refuse to get rid of, pooped out on me last night.

I had been getting a few fatal errors here and there, and blue screens of death which I've NEVER gotten before... and it officially died last night. =( I'm praying for it's revival, but I don't have high hopes. It's past its prime at this point, as much as I love it.

The miracle workers I left it with have informed me that they cannot even LOOK at it until Monday. MONDAY! So, I will be off-line, in mourning, for a bit. Especially if I have to buy a new one. I don't need that expense right now, but I can't very well survive without one...

Recommendations are always appreciated, if you are so inclined. Keep in mind I'm a technophile gadget-geek and appreciate all things nerdy, but at this point, I don't need too many bells and whistles... and, oh yes, I am a PC GIRL. (Don't even think of trying to sway me otherwise! My father would disown me. And my bank account cannot handle having to repurchase Photoshop CS3. Hee hee...) Fingers crossed my little workhorse can return on Monday though!!! =)

To leave on a more positive note, how about some Vermont loveliness?


3 comments:

  1. love the vermont lovely, first off..second....my sympathies are with you during this very difficult time. I may know a guy that could sell you a used/new one for really cheap. On Call Computers in Northford, CT. Let me know and I can get you his number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I will certainly contact him... I'm all about used/refurb'd. Anything for a discounted price at this point. =) Meh. I needed a DVD burner anyway, right? And more HD space... and more RAM. Like all things in my life, it perhaps is a blessing in disguise!

    Heck, I just had a long conversation with a friend and SHE may have done a good job convincing me to defect to the "other side." So perhaps I'll entertain other options as well if anyone has suggestions... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLECH - what a total pain in the rear. Hope things are fixable but enjoy the time with Grover in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete