21 September 2008

Two of my favorite things...

Two quick things that made me grin ear to ear tonight. It doesn't take much, I know... ;)

1. I love that my awesome 10 year old VW Beetle just got 550 miles to a tank of fuel. It still continues to kick butt after all these years. :)


2. I adore that my GPS actually told me, a self-proclaimed Anglophile, to proceed through the "roundabout" tonight. Not the "traffic circle", not the "rotary". The roundabout. I love nothing more than English chocolate, English beer, English actors and comedians, the English countryside, and my favorite place on earth, London. So, imagine my glee...

Oh, and how'd'ya like my Beetle icon?! Isn't it the best?


I know. I'm such a dork. Seriously. It takes very little to make me happy. =D

5 comments:

  1. My favorite part of your first picture is your co-pilot - if the GPS could include him then I'd be REALLY impressed ;) I was in your neck of the woods last night for an engagement shoot but was beat after so didn't give you a call....next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the beetle. i remember that is something we talked about on the walk back from the workshop photoshoot. one of our first interactions, two girls talking about cars. ha ha! love grover peaking over the dash. so cute!

    what's your GPS's name? So funny, i hear "roundabout" for the first time when I used "Gerri" in Cape Cod. classic ah ha moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! You being happy makes me happy! :)

    I also love the English accent on GPS. (I don't own one yet, but we borrow the in-laws a lot and down at the Cape we encounter "roundabouts" quite a lot!)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute for words. I am so behind on blog love... We really need to hang out soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew it was called anything but a roundabout. Strange. You have a Beetle on your GPS, that is so awesome? Which one did you end up getting? I remember us discussing it, but forgot.

    ReplyDelete